When We Are Closed

From 6.00pm to 8.00am weekdays and all day during the weekend and Bank Holidays, emergency medical advice can be obtained from the out of hours service run by Staffordshire Doctors Urgent Care.

The service can be contacted by calling 111.

The service operator will take details of your medical problem and direct the call to the most appropriate health professional.

Some minor injuries are best seen by the GP or Practice Nurse, and if you feel this is the case then it is worth phoning the practice and asking the receptionist (only during normal working hours). As a general guide, if the injury possibly involves a broken bone or if there is a wound which is deep/gaping or will not stop bleeding, it is best to go directly to casualty.

NHS 111

If you need medical help fast, but it is not life threatening - CALL 111 - Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

In the event of severe chest pain, breathlessness, collapse or heavy bleeding it is often best not to delay but dial '999' for an ambulance. It is also best to go casualty in cases of poisoning (including overdose) or accidents.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website